Friday 21 May 2010

Bug Fixes

I've been trying to get all the fixes done to Outlast before the degree show. Fixes include:

- Massive optimization fix, frame rates increased. This pretty much resolves all the performance problems, man this made me happy.

- Tempary fix has been added to the enemy death dissolve, there's a problem with kismet not animating the material variable when the game is run from outside of the editor. By adding the animation to the material itself and destroying the bot I can fake the effect and get similar results. One of the problems is that by doing this I give up a lot of control over the material when played, this means the dissolve transitions wont sync and the player will see the bot disappear when destroyed.

- A few bot fixes on the last stage.

Other updates:

- Fog has been added to the beginning of the level.

- I have spent most of my time trying to get rid of kismet errors involving in summoning/spawning the minion. Normally it works fine, however when more bots populate round Alpha some bots will try to summon minions which will collide on spawn creating errors. I have already tried various different trace methods with no success. It may need to be done in code, if anyone has any ideas let me know :)


I am also in the process of getting some in game footage to post on the degree show website.

No comments:

Post a Comment