Tuesday 16 February 2010

Interactive Foliage

Ok, after doing a lot of testing and tweaking i'v got a basic material setup that manages to combine the "Wind Direction and Speed" node with the "Foliage Normalized Rotation Axis and Angle" node. This means I'v got wind simulations on interactive foliage actors that react properly with players touching and passing through the foliage. Here's a material snippet:



There may be an easier and more effective way to archieve this effect although this is how I did it. If I come across better ways of doing this I will change the material.

I started a thread on the official UDK site to get responces from the material and hopefully generate discussion on advanced setups:
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=718347

No comments:

Post a Comment